Capital One Savor credit card reviews
If you are a big-time restaurant goer and loves to dine out or have a passion for indulging in entertaining activities, then Capital One Savor is the perfect credit card that should be in your pocket. This card offers some fantastic cash backs on all the dining expenditures and purchases made for entertainment activities like event/fest tickets, concert tickets and movie tickets among others.
Terms & Fees
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year, $95 for every subsequent year
- Purchase APR: 0% for first 15 months, 14.74% to 24.74% Variable
- Cash Advance APR: 24.74% Variable
- Cash Advance Fee: 3%, Minimum $10
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
- Balance APR: 0% for first 15 months, 14.74% to 24.74% Variable
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3%
- Late Fee: Up to $38
- Rewards do not expire till the card is active and account is not closed
- There are no limits to the cash back you can earn
- You can redeem any amount of your cash back at any point
- There is $0 fraud liability
- You can get an extended warranty
Earning the Rewards
- you get $500 as the sign-up bonus if you spend $3,000 in the first three months after purchasing the card
- Earn 4% cash back on all the entertainment purchases and while dining out
- Earn 2% cash back on all the purchases from the grocery stores
- Earn 1% cash back on all the other purchases
Redeeming the Rewards
There is no limit to the redemption value, and you can get your cash backs redeemed in any form – statement credit, cheque, gift card or a charitable donation. In some of the cases, you might even be able to transfer the redeemable amount to the bank account of your choice. You can get any number of amounts redeemed at any point in time.
You can opt for automatic redemption preferences on your choice of date every annum or when your cash back points reach specific thresholds like $25, $50, $100 or $200.
Benefits to Cardholders
The Capital One Savor Credit Card is the best for both in-state entertainment and dining out purposes, as well as, for the purchases and spending made while traveling as there is no foreign transaction fee levied on both the online and offline purchases made abroad.
Some of the enticing benefits for all Savor cardholders include:
- Access to various world elite MasterCard benefits with complementary discounts at over 900 associated hotels, spectrum of perks on private jet services, 15% discount on airport services, savings of $500 on a variety of holiday packages, $500 credits per cabin for cruise travel, and 15–25% discount on associated car rental services.
- You will have complete protection in case of an accident or death that might occur during the travels through the insurance purchased with Capital One Savor Card.
- If you hire or rent a car using the Capital One Savor Card, you get insurance which covers you against any damage caused to the vehicle in case of theft or collision.
- In cash your Capital One Savor Card gets misplaced or is stolen while you are on an international trip, you can request for either some cash advance or emergency card replacement, and in that case, MasterCard will provide you another card immediately at your location
- By making the eligible purchases, you can extend the warranty of your Capital One Savor Card.
- You get to enjoy $0 liability on unauthorized use of your card.
- Enjoy the benefits of Eno that works as an extension of the Savor card that enables you to create virtual card numbers for the safer online shopping experience.
- Keeps constant monitoring of your cards for duplicate or unusual charges and send alerts.
Moreover, the Capital One Savor also offers access to Capital One Events:
- Culinary Experiences: This entails you to have a dining experience with renowned chefs in the industry like Emeril Lagasse and Philip Buccieri at a price of $275 per person.
- Sports Events: You enjoy the privilege of discounts and VIP experiences at a major sports event or tournament.
- Music Events: Access to VIP packages for various concerts and music events.
If you are a frequent traveler and visit restaurants or spend on entertainment (be it movie tickets, fares, concerts, zoo, bowling alley or anything), then this is the perfect card for you. Also, the fact that the annual fee is waivered for the first year, it provides the highest sign-up bonus in the market and it offers some simple and easy redeemable options makes it the best choice for those who want a card that can get them returns on their high spending without complicating their cash back options.