American Express Bluecash Preferred Card
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card by American Express is one of the favorite credit cards of almost every person in the US who is looking to own a credit card for more than just one reason. With its amazing cash back options and generous bonuses, you can get some really amazing offers on the regular and recurring purchases like household items at the local grocery stores and at gas stations.
Terms & Fees
Annual Fee: $95
Purchase APR: 0% for first 15 Months
Cash Advance APR: 26.99%
Cash Advance Fee: 3% for Minimum $5
Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7%
Balance APR: 0% for first 15 Months
Balance Transfer Fee: 3% for Minimum $5
Late Fee: Up to $38
Return Payment Fee: Up to $38
• You will earn $200 cash back in the form of a statement credit on spending $1,000 within the first 3 months after purchasing the credit card
• You will get 6% cash back on all your purchases from the supermarkets in the US within a limit of up to $6,000 per year. The supermarkets where you can get the cash back rewards either on shopping in the store or online include Macy’s, Kohl, Bon Ton Stores, Dillard’s, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, JCP, Bloomingdale’s, Belk, Bealls, Century 21 Department Stores, Lord & Taylor, Stein Mart, Boscov’s, Sears and Nordstrom
• You will get 3% cash back on some of the selected departmental stores in the US and all the gas stations available throughout the country. Some of the gas stations where this card is applicable include Hess, Mobil, Gulf, Shell, Murphy, and Exxon
• There is a 1% cash back policy on all the other purchases that are made with the blue cash preferred credit card
• It is a simple card and you will not be required to remember the special categories for cash back that renew every 3 months like most of the other cards available in the market
• You will be getting an intro APR purchases and balance transfer rate of 0% for the first 12 months after purchasing the card, followed by a variable rate, levying of which will depend on multiple factors including your creditworthiness
Earning the Rewards
• You will earn 6% cash back on all the purchases made in supermarkets for up to $6,000 every year across the US, after that, you will get cash back of 1%
• There is cashback of 3% on almost all the gas stations and departmental stores across the US
• You will earn 1% cash back on all the other purchases made using the card
• You will also be eligible to get $200 sign up bonus if you will spend $1,000 within the first three months using the blue cash preferred credit card
Redeeming the Rewards
You will be earning 1 reward point for every dollar that you have in the cash back account of your credit card. However, the final value of the rewards earned will depend entirely on the way through which you redeem them. There are 3 ways in which you can redeem the reward points that you have earned:
• Statement Credits: This is the most recommended way of redeeming your reward points as you are guaranteed to get $1 for every reward point in your card. You can use this amount to either pay off your account balance or for future purchases.
• Gift Cards: You will get $1 for every reward point that you will redeem from your card for most of the gift cards purchased from different merchants. However, you will be required to check the terms and conditions stated by the American Express in order to know which merchants’ gift cards would get you good deals.
• Shopping: Though you can use your reward points in making the direct purchases instead of getting any statement credits first, this is the least recommended method of redeeming as most of the times you will be getting less than $1 value for every reward point that you will redeem.
Benefits to Card Holders
• You will be getting discount offers from multiple merchants and there are new additions being made to the list every now and then
• You can save 10% of most of the utilities like cell phone, satellite TV and cable bills payments
• You will get access to pre-sale tickets to a lot of entertainment events including
• In case of any pre-paid hotel bookings, you can claim the difference in an amount in case you find it somewhere at a lower price before the check-in date
• For more than 140 brands and merchants, you will be eligible to have 2-day shipping and return benefits
Blue Cash Preferred Card by American Express is certainly one of the best cards if you are looking for something to provide you good rewards on the day-to-day expenses.