Emergence of the Internet has prompted a radical change in commercial trends all over the world. Today, online marketing has become the key tool for numerous businesses, to bring in customers. Real Estate is one of them. Of late, Internet has become the first place for most of the potential buyers, in their search for a home.
Advantages of Marketing Real Estate Online
1. Internet buyers make for better clients. A general online marketing trend reveals that these clients are wealthier and ready to buy more expensive homes.
2. Internet shortens the search for potential home buyers. It saves a lot of time and energy and is often more cost-effective than the traditional ways of marketing.
3. As it takes much lesser time to go through, clients can view more listed homes online and are able to narrow down the search to their desired ones.
4. Studies also reveal that the average age of potential home buyers is coming down, and this younger generation has grown up with the use of Internet in their daily lives.
5. Home buyers availing Internet services for their home search are also well-informed about the whole purchasing process, and expressed better liking for their real estate agents. In fact, almost 80% of Internet home buyers use an agent, which is greater than the traditional buyers who prefer them with a 70% probability.
In addition to the vast viewership of outstanding potential clients, the Internet offers both expediency and cost-efficacy that traditional marketing media cannot offer. Now websites are more appealing and instructive, than even the best promotional materials like brochures. Communication offered by emails makes it quite easier and cheaper to keep in touch with your past clients.
So, if you are a real estate agent and have not yet explored the benefits of online marketing, then you’re losing a vast base of potential clients.
Notwithstanding the enormous swing of online buyers, most realtors complain that their websites aren’t productive of any new business. While most real estate agents recognize the significance of Internet marketing and readily purchase a website, they usually do not put in the methodical efforts and time to achieve the goals. As an agent, you can achieve your goals by making your site truly effective.
This may happen due to exaggerated promises from their web designers, a misunderstanding of Internet functioning, or a lack of direction. Due to these factors, many websites are falling far short of their potential. So make sure that you are taking an active part in the creation of a stronger web presence for your practice. Master the techniques of search engine optimization. You must learn how to increase web traffic and convert leads into clients. Here are a few tips for you.
1. Make your Website More Appealing – When people visit your website, you don’t have much time to capture their attention, before they hit the back button. So make the home page more interesting, with minimal distractions. Make it more informative for potential home buyers. Avoid misuse of pop-up windows or flash. Use only fast-loading graphics and other elements. The web pages present on your site must be lightweight.
2. Enlist your Website – Search for the hottest Internet web directories and enlist your site there. This can be one of the easiest and most effective ways of free web promotion. Make your site rich in content and appearance to get accepted in your directory of choice.
3. Search Engine Optimization – Respect the search engines. Follow the practice of using web pages that don’t incorporate large amount of code, unrelated to your content. Avoid the poor use of frames. Search engines do not index content from frames that well. In order to enhance web traffic, try to develop links with other real estate sites in your area that do not compete with you.
There are many factors that contribute to a website’s search engine ranking. Inbound links are one of the biggest factors. Hunt for such inbound links and acquire them. It is always a better SEO practice to upload your site map. If a search engine finds your XML sitemap file, there’s a good chance it will find, crawl and index (record) all of your web pages. Putting keywords into hyperlinks is one of the easiest on-site adjustments you can make to improve the search engine visibility of your website.
4. Create a Blog – Blogging can be more than a communications tool and networking platform for real estate professionals. It can convey personality, generate leads and boost business. After creating the blog, don’t forget to get enlisted in directories; it will only help the cause.
5. Publish Online Articles – Publishing an article is a proven way to grow your online presence. Online articles support your Internet marketing program in a number of ways, ranging from search engine visibility to page ranking.
6. Display email id – Users hate being forced to fill out forms to gather information. Some users may accept this online form as expediency; but some users may prefer to use their own email to contact the agent directly, so that they will have a record of the email.
7. Minimize Attrition – Attrition follows you, for every step of your real estate Internet marketing campaign. Attrition refers to people who “drop off”, along your marketing process, somewhere between first contact and client acquisition.
8. Create Lead Generation – Remember, website traffic is only unproductive traffic until you act upon it. To get those visitors to act in some way to become your clients, you need to create a lead-generation program based on value and incentives. Don’t forget that people are used to respond to a well-presented offer of value, be it online or offline.
So be creative, attentive, ever learning and success is not far away!