Virginia 529 Plans
Virginia offers three 529 college savings plans, one direct plan called Virginia Education Savings Trust (inVEST), an advisor-sold plan called CollegeAmerica, and a pre-paid tuition plan called Virginia Prepaid Education Program (VPEP) or Pepaid529
- inVEST 529 plan that allows you to invest money today and reap tax benefits when you withdraw it to pay for qualified education expenses
- Select from a range of diverse investment and an FDIC-insured portfolio to match any savings objective and risk tolerance.
- Two groups of portfolios: Age-based(evolving), which shift investments over time, and static (non-evolving), which include a range of options from aggressive to conservative.
- No state residency or beneficiary age requirements
- Use for any qualified higher education expense, including tuition, room and board, textbooks, computers, required supplies, and equipment
- Can be used at eligible educational institutions in state, out of state and worldwide
- Choose from a variety of American Funds portfolios that best suit your needs
- Contact your financial adviser, visit AmericanFunds.com/529
Prepay today the cost of tomorrow’s college tuition.
Purchase desired number of semesters and paid in either a lump sum or monthly installments
- Each semester purchased covers a future semester of tuition and mandatory fees at a four-year Virginia public institution or multiple semesters at a two-year Virginia public institution
- Available for newborns through ninth graders during a limited enrollment period
- Prepay future in-state undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees at Virginia public colleges or universities
- Can be used at eligible educational institutions throughout Virginia, the U.S., and the world – but when used at private or out-of-state schools, benefits may not cover full tuition and fees
Source: Virgina259.com https://www.virginia529.com