Citi Thankyou Premier Card
Citi ThankYou Premier Card travel card provides one of the highest reward rates among all the top traveling credit cards. However, you will get the best value from the Citi Thank You Premier Card only if you are willing to redeem the reward points from Thank You Travel Center. You can also transfer your credit reward points to the frequent flyer miles of the airline with ease. Thus, if you are flexible with your traveling choices and make many trip booking for either work or pleasure, then this is a must-have card in your wallet.
Terms & Fees
• Annual Fee: $0 for first 12 months, later $95
• Purchase APR: 16.49%
• Cash Advance APR: 26.99%
• Cash Advance Fee: 5% or Minimum $10
• Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
• Balance APR: 16.24%
• Balance Transfer Fee: 3% or Minimum $5
• Late Fee: Up to $35
• Return Payment Fee: Up to $35
• There is no limit or expiration date on the reward points that you can earn with this card
• You can participate in the loyalty programs of eligible airlines using this card as the points are transferable
• You will also be eligible for some of the benefits offered by Citi and Mastercard
• The transaction fee on all your foreign purchases is zero, making it an ideal traveling card
Earning the Rewards
• You can earn 3X reward points on all your travel purchases, including the gas stations
• You will get 2X reward points on spending at all the dine-in restaurants and entertainment purchases worldwide
• You will earn 1X reward points on all the other purchases
• You will be eligible to receive 60,000 as sign-up bonus reward points in your credit account if you are spending $4,000 using this card within the first three months
Redeeming the Rewards
This card has an easy redeeming policy with many things on which you can use your points, including:
• Airline tickets
• Restaurants and entertainment
• Hotels and car rentals
• Transfers to airlines
• ThankYou select and credit
• Merchandise at Thank You Travel Center
• Purchasing gift cards
• Statement credits
• Shopping at eligible stores like Amazon
Though there are so many options, it is recommended to redeem the points for either purchasing airline tickets or transferring to airlines for frequent flyer miles as these two methods offer the maximum return among all.
You will receive a bonus of 25% points if you will redeem your points for purchasing airline tickets through Thank You Travel Center, which will make each credit point to be worth 1.25 cents. Thus, you will have a cash back equivalent of 3.75% on your travel expenses and 2.5% on restaurant dine-in and entertainment purchases.
So even if you are participating in the airline loyalty programs and transferring the points to airlines, make sure that you are getting a better return than what you are getting on the airfare purchases.
Benefits to Cardholder
• Citi Concierge : If you own this card, then you can quickly get assistance for all the non-emergency traveling tasks like recommendations and reservations of restaurants, find unique and scarcely available gift items, searching for best prices for the airlines and hotels, planning events and help in searching for the lost items among many others.
• Citi Private Pass: You get access to presale and VIP tickets for various entertainment events organized in almost all the big cities globally with this card. There are four categories of activities including music, theatre, sports and dining and you can check the offers by visiting the website of Citi Private Pass any time.
• Citi Price Rewind: You get a better version of price protection with the Citi ThankYou Credit Card. All you have to do is submit a proof that a specific ite,m is available for a lower price tag. For about 60 days, the issuer analyzes and verifies the price of that specific item and allows you to claim the difference if your purchased item is actually available at a lower rate.
The whooping cash back options, other benefits, and the flexibility to transfer the reward points to participate in the loyalty programs of airlines make Citi Thank You Premier Card one of the best traveling cards in the market.