Home Depot Credit Card Review
Though Home Depot accepts all the major credit cards including Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover, the exclusive store issues credit card can be beneficial if you are planning to make multiple purchases from the home-furnishing store over a period of time and need some grace period to pay off your bills.
There are two types of Home Depot Credit Cards:
The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card: This card is accepted both in-store and online to make purchases from Home Depot and comes with zero annual fees. Unlike other store credit cards, it does not offer any reward points of discount offers. Rather, it offers you a deferred interest period of 6 months on your purchases so that you can pay off later anytime during those six months without having to pay any interest amount. However, the new cardholders sometimes get a discount on their first purchases, but you will have to check if the offer is applicable at the time you would apply for the card. Also, unlike the non-cardholders, the credit card owners get access to make returns anytime within 12 months from the date of purchase.
The Home Depot Project Loan Credit Card: This is a MasterCard that is issued in conjunction with the Home Depot Project Loan and can be used anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. Home Depot offers loan for up to a maximum amount of $55,000 to its customers for big projects like a new addition such as roof, a kitchen or a bath remodel. You can spend the money borrowed in the form of the loan within the six months from the date of approval of your loan and within that “drawing” period, you are only required to pay off the interest amount on loan. After the six months, you can pay off the balance amount within seven years (84 months) as per your convenience.
Terms and Fees of Home Depot Credit Cards
- Annual Fee: $0
- APR: 17.99% – 26.99%Variable
- Sign-Up Bonus: $40 off on first purchase of $250 or more
- Late Payment: Up to $35
- Returned Payments: Up to $35
Quick Facts of Home Depot Credit Cards
- You get special financing options on first purchase of $299 and above
- There is no interest charged for the first 12 months if you install any heating or air conditioning appliances of $299 and above
- There is no interest for the first 12 months on purchases made for $5000 and above for installing roofs, insulation, windows, gutter, siding and leaf protection
- There is no interest for the first 12 months on water treatments costing $299 and above
- You can earn $25 discount on purchases made up to the amount of $999 and $100 discount for $1000 and more spent within first 30 days from the issuing of the card
- There is no interest charged if you pay back fully within 6 months from the date of purchase using your card
- You can get access to up to 24 months financing options on qualifying purchases during special promotions
- Discount offers on certain products/installations from time to time
- 12 months return and credit back facility, which is 4 times more than the noncredit card holders
Benefits of Home Depot Credit Cards to Card Holders
The cardholders of Home Depot Credit Card get some exclusive benefits that could make you think about having one. These include:
- You do not need to carry the card always to the store to access your rewards
- You get certain financing options, depending on both the purchase categories and purchase amounts
- For all the purchases of $299 and above made using the card, you are not charged with any interest rate if you make the payment in full within the 6 months from the date of a purchase
- You will get special financing offers throughout the years for up to 24 months, depending on the current offers and purchasing amount
New cardholders can pick one of the following benefits:
- 10% discount on their first purchase up to a maximum amount of $200
- Up to 24 months of financing on the first purchase
Though it seems quite tempting to get 6 months to pay off your bills without any interest, you will need to be very cautious with this store card. If you fail to make payment or make a late payment at the end of the offer period, you will get a bill of the interest for the entire deferred period also which could make your purchase more expensive than ever.
It is a good credit card to consider if you are either planning to make multiple purchases from Home Depot over a period or are looking to revamp your place.
Home Depot Credit Card Login
Each card has its login page:
The Home Depot Consumer Credit card is a store-branded card issued by Citibank and can be accessed using the following link https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/registration/index.action?siteId=PLCN_HOMEDEPOT#verify
The Home Depot Project Loan card is a Mastercard But is not a traditional credit card. Instead, this is a card you use to access funds from a consumer loan that has been extended to you by Home Depot Loan Services via GreenSky, LLC. https://www.thdloanonline.com/thd/home