Virginia 529 Plans
Virginia offers three 529 college savings plans, one direct plan called Virginia Education Savings Trust (inVEST), an advisor-sold plan called CollegeAmerica, and a pre-paid tuition plan called Virginia Prepaid Education Program (VPEP) or Pepaid529
- inVEST 529 plan that allows you to invest money today and reap tax benefits when you withdraw it to pay for qualified education expenses
- Select from a range of diverse investment and an FDIC-insured portfolio to match any savings objective and risk tolerance.
- Two groups of portfolios: Age-based(evolving), which shift investments over time, and static (non-evolving), which include a range of options from aggressive to conservative.
- No state residency or beneficiary age requirements
Use for any qualified higher education expense, including tuition, room and board, textbooks, computers, required supplies, and equipment
Can be used at eligible educational institutions in state, out of state and worldwide
- Choose from a variety of American Funds portfolios that best suit your needs
Contact your financial adviser, visit AmericanFunds.com/529
Prepay today the cost of tomorrow’s college tuition.
Purchase desired number of semesters and paid in either a lump sum or monthly installments
- Each semester purchased covers a future semester of tuition and mandatory fees at a four-year Virginia public institution or multiple semesters at a two-year Virginia public institution
- Available for newborns through ninth graders during a limited enrollment period
- Prepay future in-state undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees at Virginia public colleges or universities
- Can be used at eligible educational institutions throughout Virginia, the U.S., and the world – but when used at private or out-of-state schools, benefits may not cover full tuition and fees
Source: Virgina259.com https://www.virginia529.com